RJN School of Optometry announces for the first time in Central India a golden opportunity for class 12 pass students (Science stream) to apply for bachelor’s degree in Optometry, a four year UGC recognized Course. It also provides an opportunity to Diploma holders to upgrade to Degree course through our 2 years lateral entry Flexi learning course.
- Ratan Jyoti Netralaya is one of the leading Super specialities Eye Care Centre in Central India.
- It is headed by its Medical Directors, Dr. Purendra Bhasin and Dr. Priyamvada Bhasin renowned Ophthalmic Surgeons
- They both have much national & International recognition to their credit.
- Since its inception in 1996, Ratan Jyoti Netralaya has always strived to offer the best to the ophthalmic patients
- It has been in the forefront of delivering specialized eye care services for various disorders of the eye.
- RJN stands apart due to its state-of-the-art equipments and infrastructure and personalized patient care.
- RJN extends its services to all of the ophthalmic specialties.
- ITM University established in May 2011 is a multidisciplinary University with an international reputation
- It is known for its quality of research and teaching across the academic spectrum.
- It seeks to sustain and enhance its excellence as an institution of higher learning through outstanding teaching and research.
- ITM University campus sprawls in an area of more than 250 acres in sylvan surrounding along green hills of Vindhyachal ranges on National Highway No. 75 in Gwalior.
What is Bachelor of optometry (B. Optom)/ B.Sc. Optometry ?
- Bachelor of optometry (B. Optom) or B.Sc. in Optometry (Bachelor of Science in optometry) is an undergraduate optometric course.
- Optometry is a health care profession which is concerned with the health of the eyes and related structures.
- B. Optom degree course includes the study of the examination, diagnosis and treatment of eyes.
- B. Optom is a full time four year’s degree course comprising theoretical and practical studies culminating in a year’s compulsory internship
- The program is envisaged to develop a multipurpose ophthalmic manpower at paramedical level.
- The training will enable a student to become a competent person in providing service as an optician, Optometrist, Refractionist and Ophthalmic Assistant in both Private and Govt. Sectors
Why choose Bachelor of Optometry ?
- The scope for optometric practice in India and abroad is vast
- It is a dynamic and challenging career in which one could achieve personal growth and get respect from the society.
- It also offers job flexibility, financial success and unlimited opportunities.
- Students can opt for further higher studies and research work in the field of optometry.
Scope and Career Options
- Assist ophthalmologists (eye doctor) in hospital/clinic
- Practice in optical establishments
- Start Your Own Business By Opening an Optical Shop
- Have excellent job opportunities overseas
- Job opportunities in multinationals dealing, manufacturing and distributing ophthalmic lenses, contact lenses and ophthalmic instruments.
- Start manufacturing unit for optical lenses.
- For those interested in higher studies can join for M.Sc. and PhD programs and take up teaching Optometry as a career.
LATERAL ENTRY FLEXI LEARNING
This course also allows an opportunity for Diploma Holders in Optometry/ Ophthalmic techniques/ ophthalmic assistants to upgrade to Bachelors Degree in Optometry through lateral entry to 2nd Year and follow our flexi learning mode whereby the syllabus would be covered through contact classes every semester, All lateral entry students need not go through 1 year internship.
Eligibility: 2 Years diploma in ophthalmic techniques/ assistant
Duration: 2 Years (4 Semesters)
Mode of Education: Contact classes and weekend Classes
Venue: ITM University & RJN School of optometry, Gwalior
FEE STRUCTURE FOR REGULAR & LATERAL ENTRY
Admission Fee – Rs 1000
Course Fee – Rs 30,000 per semester
Caution Money – Rs 5000/- (refundable)
Relaxation for SC, ST and OBC candidates.